Job title: Senior Data Analyst
TESTQ Technologies is an IT services and solutions company whose offerings span over a variety of industry sectors with strong technical, domain, and process expertise helping clients grow their businesses and decrease operational costs on a continuous basis in an ever-changing business environment.
This opportunity is in the solution design and development arena for Senior Data Analyst who will play a major role with the technical design and development of company’s technical offerings. The position is based at our Leicester office with occasional assignments at client locations.
Job Description (Main Duties and Responsibilities):
- Providing innovative analytical insights within the Data Products Program
- Conduct detailed data analysis on data used across business units to evaluate business processes and improve on/create new feature
- Respond to data and product related inquiries in real-time to support business and technical team
- Perform various data analytics in SQL and MS Excel using statistical models or industry accepted tools
- Provide relational database expertise to construct and execute SQL queries to be used in data analysis activities
- Providing data solutions, tools, and capabilities to enable self-service frameworks for data consumers
- Providing expertise and translate the business needs to design; and develop tools, techniques, and metrics, and dashboards for insights and data visualization
- Developing and executing tools to monitor and report on data quality
- Responsible for establishing appreciation and adherence to the principles of data quality management, including metadata, lineage, and business definitions
- Provide support to Tech teams in managing security mechanisms and data access governance.
- Continue to learn, grow, and help us tackle brand new challenges
Key Skills, Qualifications and Experience Needed [The candidate must demonstrate these in all stages of assessment]
- Require at least 4-10 years of industry experience as a Business/Data Analyst.
- Require 3-5 experience in data analysis using tools such as SQL and Excel.
- Practical knowledge of data in various forms (data warehouses/SQL, unstructured data environments/PIG, HIVE, Impala).
- Good Knowledge of JIRA, Oracle.
- Experience working within process management and improvement methodologies and demonstrating knowledge of data governance, data quality management concepts and data quality tools.
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies, software design patterns, network design and architecture; Experience in quantitative analysis and statistical modelling.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, Excel VBA and SQL Server.
- Master’s degree in Analytics, Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, or in a related field will be preferred.
Other Key skills:
- Good analytical and Problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- A thorough approach and Self starter
- Focus on quality and delivery
- Working together in teams.
- Leadership and effective decision making.
- Flexible Attitude
- Excellent customer service
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree or above in the UK or Equivalent.
Salary: GBP 45000 to 60000 per annum
Published Date: 03 Jan 2023
Closing Date: 02 Feb 2023
Evaluation: CV Review, Technical Test, Personal and Technical Interview and References
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent [Part time and Fixed Term option is available]