Job title: DevOps Engineer
TESTQ Technologies is an IT services and solutions company whose offerings spans over variety of industry sectors with strong technical, domain and process expertise helping clients grow their businesses and decrease operational costs on continuous basis in an ever-changing business environment.
This opportunity is in the solution design and development arena for DevOps Engineer who will play a major role with the technical design and development of company’s technical offerings. The role is based at our Leicester office with occasional assignments at client locations.
Job Description (Main Duties and Responsibilities):
- Establish and maintain a continuous integration (CI/CD) framework and pipeline to fully automate deployment of highly available and mission critical applications.
- Understanding customer requirements and project KPIs
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
- Package and support the deployment of software releases. Creating scripts and templates to build and provision on premises and cloud-based environments for the company’s in-house development team
- Complete root cause analysis for major/critical incidents and where possible resolve or provide workarounds, suggestions and improvements to mitigate future incidents.
- Participate in the Agile DevOps design, development, testing and release of new capabilities and features, with a focus on release and post-production support
Key Skills, Qualifications and Experience Needed [The candidate must demonstrate these in all stages of assessment]
- Experience of build and release management using tools and frameworks such as Azure DevOps, Team Foundation Server, Apache ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Git.
- Experience with middleware technologies (Kafka, Apigee, Azure APIM)
- Experience with Automation CI/CD data.
- Experience with Web Server Technologies (Apache and IIS)
- Experience with Application Monitoring and Event Management (NagiosXI, Elastic Stack, Splunk)
- Understanding of virtualization such as VMWare
- Excellent communication skills, able to present to technical and non–technical stakeholders
- Understanding of both relational and NoSQL database technologies
- Experience of working in a technical support/analyst role
- Experience with both Windows and Linux OS
- Work alone and collaborate with your team in designing best-in-class software deliverables.
Other Key skills:
- Good analytical and Problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- A thorough approach and Self starter
- Focus on quality and delivery
- Working together in teams
- Leadership and effective decision making
- Flexible Attitude
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree or above in the UK or Equivalent.
Salary: GBP 29000 to 40000 per annum
Published Date: 16-Jan-2023
Closing Date: 15-Feb-2023
Evaluation: CV Review, Technical Test, Personal and Technical Interview and References
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent [Part time and Fixed Term option is available]