Job title: Lead Test Analyst
TESTQ Technologies is an IT services and solutions company whose offerings spans over variety of industry sectors with strong technical, domain and process expertise helping clients grow their businesses and decrease operational costs on continuous basis in an ever-changing business environment.
This opportunity is in the solution design and development arena for Lead Test Analyst who will play a major role with the technical design and development of company’s technical offerings. The position is based at our Leicester office with occasional assignments at client locations.
Job Description (Main Duties and Responsibilities):
- Planning of test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope; client/stakeholder needs or delivery dates.
- Working on Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment environment and proven experience of using the associated tools and collaborate with Development team to create and maintain an automated tests and Test environments.
- Document test procedures to ensure replicability and compliance with standards; Define and perform regression, performance and stress testing and monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Develop testing strategies that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- The test automation engineer is responsible for planning and conducting a wide range of automation and manual testing functions to ensure that all applications and services meet organizational standards and end-user requirements.
- Handling software defects tracking, reporting, follow-up, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to management with release go/no-go recommendations.
- Should have worked on various automation methodologies and development approaches using necessary automation frameworks needed including Hybrid Automation (Page Object Model/Page Factory), TDD/BDD based development
- Significant experience of writing test automation scripts for the web, windows and mobile applications using modern test automation tools with ability to specify test automation frameworks with ability design them from scratch and maintain them.
- Review user stories, then design, implement and troubleshoot automated test cases/ suites
- Experience with Open-source solutions and community solutions; deploying on Cloud based platforms and working within a Devops and WebOps environment.
Key Skills, Qualifications and Experience Needed [The candidate must demonstrate these in all stages of assessment]
- Candidate should poses 5+years of experience in Testing.
- Working knowledge of Terraform.
- Strong working experience of Kubernetes, Jest, Xunit, Great Expectations, Cypress, Pytest, Postman.
- Candidate should have executed multiple projects using TDD/BDD development approach using Selenium WebDriver with SpecFlow in a C#.NET environment using Visual Studio IDE AND /OR Selenium WebDriver in JAVA language bindings with Eclipse IDE using advanced framework concepts of POM/PageFactory including data parameterization and API level testing.
- Experience in development or testing automation tools/frameworks (e.g., Cucumber/Gherkin, Selenium Grid, Junit, SOAP-UI, Eclipse, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Visual Studio, HP ALM/QTP, JIRA etc.)
- Hands on experience in creating Test Frameworks and test automation.
- Experience in web technologies (eg HTTP, XML, REST, HTML, etc.)
- Expert in Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Significant experience of working within an Agile (Scrum) development team.
- Experience of using BrowserStack to automate cross-browser testing
- Hands on experience with performance testing tools like LoadRunner/JMeter
- A good working knowledge of consuming RESTful web services, SOAP web services, and JSO with ability to device testing suite using tools like PostMan, SoapUI.
- Should have experience of testing on Linux, Unix and Windows platforms in traditional and cloud-based settings.
Other Key skills:
- Good analytical and Problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- A thorough approach and Self starter
- Focus on quality and delivery
- Working together in teams
- Leadership and effective decision making
- Flexible Attitude
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree or above in the UK or Equivalent.
Salary: GBP 35000 to 50000 per annum
Published Date: 16 Jan 2023
Closing Date: 15 Feb 2023
Evaluation: CV Review, Technical Test, Personal and Technical Interview and References
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent [Part time and Fixed Term option is available] *