Job title: Scrum Master
TESTQ Technologies is an IT services and solutions company whose offerings spans over variety of industry sectors with strong technical, domain and process expertise helping clients grow their businesses and decrease operational costs on continuous basis in an ever-changing business environment.
This opportunity is in the solution design and development arena for Scrum Master who will play a major role with the technical design and development of company’s technical offerings. The role is based at our Leicester office with occasional assignments at client locations
Job Description (Main Duties and Responsibilities):
- Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organization.
- Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Responsible for monitoring the scrum processes and scrum ceremonies.
- Focused on increasing team efficiency, help with motivations, and argue for changes that will ensure quality and high performance.
- Ensure the established processes are followed and constantly seek improvement. Ensures the DoD (Definition of done) is being followed correctly.
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.
Key Skills, Qualifications and Experience Needed [The candidate must demonstrate these in all stages of assessment]
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Should be a certified Scrum Master
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- Knowledge of structured techniques like requirements, design, integration, delivery and UAT
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Applicable knowledge of technologies such as iOS, Android, Angular / Java
- The experience in applying a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: various Burndown technologies, many Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- The candidate with Bachelor's degree or above in the UK or Equivalent would be preferred.
- Should be a certified Scrum Professional – Scrum Master (CSP-PM);
Other Key skills:
- Good analytical and Problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- A thorough approach and Self starter
- Focus on quality and delivery
- Working together in teams
- Leadership and effective decision making
- Flexible Attitude
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree or above in the UK or Equivalent.
Salary: GBP 30000 to 40000 per annum
Published Date: 23 Jan 2023
Closing Date: 22 Feb 2023
Evaluation: CV Review, Technical Test, Personal and Technical Interview and References
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent [Part time and Fixed Term option is available] *