Job title: Lead Software Engineer
TESTQ Technologies is an IT services and solutions company whose offerings span over a variety of industry sectors with strong technical, domain, and process expertise helping clients grow their businesses and decrease operational costs on a continuous basis in an ever-changing business environment.
This opportunity is in the solution design and development arena for Lead Software Engineer who will play a major role with the technical design and development of company’s technical offerings. The role is based at our Leicester office with occasional assignments at client locations.
Job Description (Main Duties and Responsibilities):
- Evaluate technical architecture, trade-offs between technical delivery size and complexity, cost, urgency, risk, and stakeholder value, prioritizing high impact deadlines and activities.
- Solution consultation and development in accordance with the enterprise technology principles,
- Estimation, solution design, detailed technical design, application technical deliverables including
- You will be using tools and technologies such as Golang, AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes and GitHub.
- Interface with other technical personnel and product owners to finalize requirements
- Code, associated tests and documentation.
- Attending and contributing to company development meetings.
- Learning the codebase and improving your coding skills.
- Writing and maintaining code.
- Serve as the initial point of escalation for software development issues within the A&E domain
- Working on bug fixes and maintain reports
- Monitoring the technical performance of internal systems.
- Responding to requests from the development team.
- Gathering information from consumers about program functionality.
- Conducting development tests.
Key Skills, Qualifications and Experience Needed [The candidate must demonstrate these in all stages of assessment]
- Full stack Developer
- Expertise in Java, J2EE, Spring Integration, Spring Boot, Microservices, Hadoop, Cassandra, Kafka & AWS Cloud technologies
- 5+ Programming experience with PHP, Python, Objective-C, C, C++, NodeJS
- Experience in dev ops technologies (e.g., Jenkins, Nexus, Coverity, Blackduck, AWS, Terraform, Python, Data Dog or equivalent).
- Microservices application development deployed to docker swarm and Kubernetes
- CI/CD pipeline using Team city, Jenkins and Gitlab integration servers
- Proficient in one or more of Data Development (SQL, No SQL, Cloud Datastores etc.) technologies
- Excellent C#/.NET Development skills with knowledge of .NET Core preferred
- Message brokers such as SQS, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ and Kafka
- Experience of leading a team of software developers and working within a CI/CD environment.
- Knowledge of databases and operating systems.
- Good working knowledge of email systems and Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly.
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a team environment.
Other Key skills:
- Good analytical and Problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- A thorough approach and Self starter
- Focus on quality and delivery
- Working together in teams.
- Leadership and effective decision making.
- Flexible Attitude
- Excellent customer service
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree or above in the UK or Equivalent.
Salary: GBP 35000 to 50000 per annum
Published Date: 06 March 2023
Closing Date: 05 April 2023
Evaluation: CV Review, Technical Test, Personal and Technical Interview and References
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent [Part time and Fixed Term option is available]